Sunday, September 1, 2013

Cold Porcelain Art - Nameplate


Nameplate

After a long wait, when we reached to take possession of our flat, I saw that the flat nameplate was showing my name, instead of this I had expected my husband’s name, and builder said that they created it on the name of primary holder. It was the only disappointing thing with my new house. We shifted and day by day we fell in more and more love with our new home. But each time I see the nameplate, I wish to change it. I took a long time, and patiently searched many shops and malls, but I didn’t get any nameplate as beautiful as my home, so I decided to create my own. And below is the one I created. This nameplate is created with wood as base, some oil colors, and a clay that I created by a mixture of glue and flour.
Normally polymer or porcelain clay is created with cornstarch, but I tried it with flour. And the attempt was successful. Here is my porcelain clay recipe.


This unique nameplate is a perfect gifting option.










7 comments:

  1. Extremely Good!!!
    - Snigdha Karmahe

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we r making it with flour or cornflour...in rains it will not hv fungus n all..this will be like this through out the life? ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonal, the nameplate I made got fungus in rainy days, so i dried it in sun and softly brushed them away, and it becomes beautiful as before, no color difference, later I learnt that this can be protected by applying 1 or 2 coats of clear varnish, I did that, and now its safe from fungus.

      Delete
    2. instead can we not use clay .. the we use to make terracota jewellery

      Delete
  3. Hi, I want this nameplate. Please let me know how to contact you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Neha, Thanks for liking it. Do you want to create one by yourself or shall I do it for you?
      You can check this tutorial to make the clay "http://yellow-craft.blogspot.in/p/homemade-cold-porcelain-clay-recipe.html"
      and create your won nameplate to give it a personal touch..
      If any problem.. I will happily do it for you.
      You can reach me at saomyasoni11@gmail.com

      Delete